Pages

Saturday, May 14

Abilities - Prologue

Saturday

If there was one thing I learned that day, it’s to always believe in horror movies, and never do the exact same things the victims in the movies do on the very next day. I think I had insomnia last night or something, so I took daddy’s stash of horror films and watched a random movie. It gave me a temporary phobia of riding the lift.

‘Who the heck watches horror movies in the middle of Friday night? You stupid woman, it’s just a lift!’ meet a close friend of mine, Night (yes, that’s his name). He’s kind of stubborn and quite a social lad, but sometimes he forces me into things I don’t want to do, e.g. this current situation.

‘But it’s been three years since this lift has been operating…what if one of the parts rusted and we died of suffocation in there?!’

Night groaned. ‘Just hurry up, or all the food in the canteen would be gone!’ he quickly pulled me into the lift just when it opened, and quickly closed it while I got paralyzed by the horror of the closed space. ‘Holy CRAP, it’s so dark in here!’

‘They didn’t fix the light, that’s all. Relax.’ He groaned. I couldn’t see anything in there except for the glowing buttons on the side of the lift and the outline of Night’s messy bundle he calls his hair.

‘Your hair looks like a hedgehog.’ I just had to comment.

‘What?! No, it doesn’t! Take that back!’ he quickly fixed it. But instead of combing his fingers through his hair, he just messed it up even more. Weird guy, but it’s one of the reasons I’m close to him.

Suddenly, the lift shook, and jerked.

‘Holy SHIT, JESUS, NIGHT! What did I tell you about closed spaces, huh?!’ I grabbed onto the railing in the lift, panicking.

‘Shut up.’ He just clicked on the topmost yellow emergency button. ‘We’ll be fine. Just breathe deeply.’

‘I can’t, you dumbass!’

The lift jerked for a second time, and I fell backwards. My head hit the floor, and I cursed. ‘Aw, shit, my head.’ But I think Night had the same thing happened to him, because he was yelling about why the lift’s doors are made of metal.

‘Okay, this is bad.’ He muttered.

I struck into panic mode. ‘AAAAAHHHHH, NIGHT WE’RE GONNA DIE! WE’RE GONNA DIE! I KNEW IT I SHOULDV’E RAN AWAY BEFORE YOU DRAGGED ME IN WE’RE GONNA DIE---------‘

Suddenly, I heard screams from the outside. I clumsily came to my feet and pushed all the buttons so the glow would lighten the room more, even if only a little.

‘How kind of them to scream for us.’ Night joked as he stood up as well. We both listened quietly to the screams, because I didn’t know what else we were supposed to do.

‘I think there are guys screaming as well.’ I commented.

All the while, it started to get cold. The screams were starting to get into my head, and I felt like screaming as well, but not in front of this stupid bastard. I could feel my eyes twitching and my eardrums throbbing.

‘I don’t think they’re screaming for us anymore.’ Night muttered.

I didn’t say anything about it.

Suddenly, the lift jerked again, much more violent compared to the previous two jerks combined. We fell again, and this time the lights on the buttons blinked immensely, before they faded into darkness.

‘Night?’

The temperature dropped without any warning, and I began to shiver, and I thought it was mostly out of fear instead of the cold. The screams seemed to have faded in my ear, and were replaced with someone whispering in the lift to us instead. It was a gibberish language, and neither of us could make out the words.

I smelled something. ‘What is that?’ I muttered, suddenly feeling like losing conscious.

‘I dunno.’ Night’s voice was even lazier than mine, and soon I heard a thump.

It wasn’t long before I gave into the ecstatic smell and fainted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment