Pages

Sunday, July 31

One Shot - A Reunion

This story is supposed to be cheerful, but I just went with the flow and ta-da. I have no idea what the 中心思想 of this one-shot is, but all I wanted to do is just write about glassware. ==''' I know right. And this is sort of a horror FAIL. Ehehe. Enjoy. 

Consists of lesbian theme. 

A Reunion

Glassware filled the cavern from the wall to the ceilings. There were little red stones in every of them, as if they were coated by lava, because they were glowing immensely, giving plenty of light as if the Sun itself was in there. There was no sign of other life yet, and I clutched tighter onto my own source of light, which no longer had any use.

I reached into the lantern’s chamber and pinched the candle, making the fire extinguish. The pain only subsided for a millisecond before it faded just as quick. Leaving it by a corner, I continued to walk deeper into the cavern.

Turning around, I realized the stones further away from me were in a darker shade of light. They must be sensitive to the living’s presence.

My heart pounded faster as I walked, expecting for something to jump out of nowhere onto me. This was the Cavern of Darkness, everyone claimed to have said. But the interior was so bright and cheerful, I might have thought myself entering the wrong chamber if it weren’t for the people that insisted so. My sister got lost in this very place, and I have come to find her.

Suddenly, there was a flicker in the corner of my vision.

I spun around quickly to see my lantern falling onto the ground horizontally with a metallic clink. The glass that was the chamber shattered, and the candle rolled out of it, soon into a distance away.

It was just the lantern losing balance, but I could feel my eyes getting sour now. People died here. My sister could have been dead. I could be the next victim.

Suddenly, the stones dimmed, and I panicked. The cavern was torturing my mind and soul as it slowly went darker and darker. Jar by jar, the stones lose their once beautiful glow.

I quickly reached into one of the jars to pick up a still lit stone, but soon quickly retreated my hand. It was too hot for human touch. I picked for a darker stone, but it had gone completely grey by the time I had reached for it.

There was a deep, spine-chilling hum, and I froze in my place, not daring to move.

After the hum had faded into nothing, there was a small glow on my side. I turned, and found one stone that still glowed brightly in a small glass lantern hanging on the ceiling. Its light glowed on me like a spotlight, and I tried to move away.

It went dark again, with another stone starting to glow, taking the previous’ place in lighting myself. This meant I could be an obvious prey.

I wiped my tears away with my sleeve. The cavern was still unusually warm and dry.

‘Trevor.’

I jumped. My whole body trembled, and I tried to move away from the light again. But the attempt failed like the previous one.

‘Treeeeevor.’

I forgot which way was the exit of this cavern. I let fear guide me, and started to run. The stones kept flashing one after another in attempt to catch up to me and bring attention to myself.

It started as a frustrated moan. Slowly, I let myself cry and scream and shriek for the sake of my relief of fear.

‘Treeeeeeeeevooooooor.’

The chills didn’t stop running down my spine, and I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead. I didn’t know how long I had run, but my feet started to ache, and my heart’s pounding was so fast and loud I could hear it clearly in my ears.

‘Where are you going, Treeeeeeeevoooooooooooooor?’

Bloodshot eyes appeared before me, and I shrieked. I came to a halt, but lost my footing in a second and fell backwards. I curled into a ball, and whimpered.

A damp, cold hand touched my shoulder gently, and I screamed while trying to kick her away. I daren’t open my eyes. I don’t need her anymore. I just want to go home.

‘Treeeeeeevoooooor. You came, Treeeeeeeeevooooooor.’

‘Go away. Go away, please, go away, I’m so scared, please go away, I beg of you.’ I mumbled between sobs and hiccups. The cold of those hands came back, and they caressed my shoulders again, still gently as ever. But it couldn’t stop me from trembling this time.

‘Go away, Teresa. I can’t look at you.’

The whole body pressed up against my back, and I shivered for the infinite time. Teresa was taller than me, and she used to hug me whenever I’m upset.

But this time felt so different, so cold, so haunting. So lifeless.

‘I’ll make you look at me, Treeeeeeeevooooooooor. I’ll make you look at me.’

I could feel her bring me to my feet, and I started to struggle. But wherever she got her strength from, it was too strong for me. She started to take me somewhere, and I continued to struggle. I pictured myself slowly fading into darkness, with hands by my waist. Hands, that were scarred and still bleeding endlessly, staining my white jacket.

‘I’ll make you look at me again, Treeeeevoooooor. We would play board games and comfort each other until we sleep again, together. I will make you mine again. Treeeeeevoooooooor.’

‘Teresa, no. Please. If you love me, you’d let me live. Teresa, no.’

It was no use. I would never be saved again. I would be trapped in here forever, like the other victims that had come to search for their lost loved ones, only to be carried away in the name of possessiveness. I finally opened my eyes, and saw her still in her long, white wedding dress. She came here looking for her fiancé too when she came in here.

How did she feel?

I stopped struggling.

She turned to look at me, smiling. Her blue bloodshot eyes stared into my very soul, her veil waving around in the still air. She reached out with her gloved and bloodstained hand, and stroked my cheek.

‘We’re getting married, Treeeevor. I’m getting married to Gretchen. There’s no one stopping us now. Come, join us.’ Instead of tears, blood flowed down her eyes. Her fingers continued to dance on my skin, leaving goosebumps in my wake.

That was right. A lot of people disagreed on them, and Gretchen ran in here in attempt to commit suicide. Teresa later followed her, and then me for Teresa.

‘Join us, Treeeeevooor. We’re getting married. Join us.’

She started to take me again, this time by hand, and ran down the cavern. This time the stone’s glow was on her, and my vision blurred. She had a healthy skin and purely white gown again, unscathed and sane.

I started to tail after her, first as a walk, then into a jog, later into a run. Her laughter echoed around the cavern and in my ears, and I started to laugh as well.

‘Treeeevoooor. Treeeeeeeeeeeevooooooooor.’

It was funny, how love and kinship could lead you into an obvious trap. It knows I’d do anything for Teresa’s happiness.

I didn’t know if the Teresa before me was alive or undead. She was glowing as if she were another stone of the cavern, turning back once in a while to smile at me radiantly. Her smiles only made me plunge deeper into the cavern, making me believe my presence at her wedding would mean everything to her in the world.

‘Treeeeeeeeeevor.

‘Treeeeeeeeeeevoooooooooooooor.

I felt like floating.

Gretchen was there, also in her gown, smiling just as happy as Teresa. They held hands, and both looked at me. Teresa reached out her other free hand, out of the light. It turned back into a pale, bloody and cold hand, trembling.

‘Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevooooooooooooooooor.’

No comments:

Post a Comment