Pages

Thursday, July 7

HUGE SPOILER

Here. The one-shot I promised. I got lazy and all, I know. But I still love you. x) !!!
 
Side Summary of Halovillea Saga . The Wild West and its short sequel

Oliver Peinette’s POV

Ma had been working as an Avenger, which is also known as a female assassin, for longer than I could remember. She chose this line of work because of my father’s betrayal, and used to lecture me about why not to trust others. She taught me everything she knew ever since I was six. She never smiled, at least not for the real thing. She only smiled to hide her sadness, to hide her regret, to hide whatever emotions that she thought people would use to mock her.

But later, she took me to Haloville.

Then everything changed in there.

When I saw Ma smile, that was the moment I wish could have taken down by camera.

We were at Uncle Cheshire’s house again for a visit. I forgot how it changed, but that visit eventually turned into Ma trying to teach the three of us, Klint included, how to cook. I knew the basics because Ma taught me, but the other two were clumsier than my ten-year-old self. Klint lost his grip while trying to fetch a bag of flour from the top shelves, and the white powder landed on all of us.

It took us seconds to take in what happened.

And another few to burst into laughter.

I saw Ma smile because of a hearty joke between neighbors and family, and I cried. My tears wiped the flour off my cheeks, leaving two obvious and soaked trails, along with a lot of questions from Uncle Cheshire asking if my eyes stung from the flour, or something of that sort.

But Ma knew better. She used to train me to never cry in front of others, to never show weakness like she did.

Instead of denying that her son was crying, she only wiped the flour off my face, herself also on the verge of tears. It was like looking into my own eyes.

Later, Ma remarried with Cheshire, and I had a stepbrother sooner than I had thought I would. It was too soon the news for me.

So was the death of both Ma and Step-Pa.

Ma had a deal with a Silencer, a male assassin, that their children would resume each other’s work after their own death.

So I became a mirrored image of Ma.

I never cried. I rarely smiled.

My stepbrother, Corvillian, resided in another planet to receive better studies. It was my decision. I left him all alone in Mercury when he was only six. I was already sixteen, and I knew if he continued to stay in Saturn, he would learn to be another fighter like me and my Ma.

I promised Ma that I’d give him a happy childhood.

He’d never be happy living knowing he has a brother who left him alone on the other end of the galaxy, but I had thought he’d be better off living life as a mortal than people like me.

But I was proved wrong.

He saved up a part of the income I exported to him, and came after me. It took him months to break through the security system and trespass into the Mahqui Isle, where the Silencers’ and Avengers’ headquarters reside.

What was he trying to prove to me?

I don’t know.

He gives me sad but hopeful looks. He gives me hugs randomly. He whispers things I know are meant for me.

Please look at me.

Who am I to face him again? I didn’t give him the life he wanted, the life his parents wanted for him. I’m a failure.

Please look at me. I still love you, brother.

But I couldn’t.

More on
Halovillea Saga . The Wild West
Halovillea Saga . The Wild West . Family Ties (Second Generation)

No comments:

Post a Comment