Pages

Sunday, July 10

ANOTHER HUGE SPOILER

Warning: Incest & Homosexual themes. 

Candy Scene of Halovillea Saga . The Wild West . Family Ties (Second Generation)

‘I love you.’

‘Hmm, me too.’

Silence.

‘I mean, I love you.’

Frowning, I glanced up from my book. I waited for him to explain. But all he did was look to the side, as if there was something interesting going on outside the window. It takes him some time to regain his composure and look me in the eye again. It was always the same routine whenever we talk.

But it was clear in his eyes that he finds it hard to repeat those three words again, and even more so to explain the hidden meaning in them. I only raised an eyebrow at him, before resumed in reading my book.

I could feel his presence coming closer and closer towards me, his body trembling. Inwardly groaning, I looked away from my storybook for the second time to see him crying.

Something was wrong.

I stood up while putting my book away on the coffee table. ‘What is it, Lian?’

I still couldn’t get used to the fact that my stepbrother was taller than me, despite our ten years of age gap. But then again, compared to the majority of people, it was only his growth spurts mutating, or something similar to the sort. I was of course at average height. I had to tilt my head a little in order to look into his gold eyes instead of his lips.

But before I could even glance upwards, he leaned forth while tilting his face a little to the side.

With an assassin’s reflex, I slammed my palm on his cheek and iced it. He shrieked and walked a few steps backwards, then tripped on the shag carpet before falling ungracefully on solid ground. He quickly healed himself by regenerating and focusing his body heat on his face, but his constant groaning almost made me feel guilty. Almost.

We made eye contact again, and I waited for his outburst.

‘I really love you. I really do.’

He came to his feet again, and the front of his turtleneck was soaked after melting the ice that was on his cheek. I decided not to attack him again when he made another attempt to approach me.

‘When I first saw you, I just fell in love. I couldn’t think of other people.’

‘It’s because you haven’t seen me for ten years.’

‘Don’t you think I haven’t tried denying myself with that fact?’

‘This means incest, Lian.’

‘I know! But I can’t help it; you’re just…so…precious to me.’

For the first time in ten years, the feeling of fear has returned to my heart. What have I done? Was my decision a mistake? Should I have taken Corvillian along with me, so that he could have never felt like this right now? Or is he just confused?

‘What would our parents say?’

‘They’re not here anymore.’

I tried to ice him again, but he only parried my offence. He gently took me by my wrists, and looked me pleadingly into the eyes.

‘I’ve been having the same feeling for weeks. I’m struggling. Please return my love for you.’

I felt guilty. I haven’t felt this powerless for such a long while. ‘It’s wrong. It would fade with time.’

‘It won’t. I know it won’t. Please, Oliver, please.’ His grip tightened a little on his hold of me. It took me a while to say

‘It’s wrong.’

Time seemed so slow for that one while. He was holding both of my hands in one of his now, his other free hand tucking my bangs away to the back of my ear. He leaned in, and kissed he edge of my eye, where a tear was about to fall from it. How did he see that, I didn’t want to know.

‘I’m serious, brother.’

What do I do?

Ma taught me a lot of things.

But never on how to handle an incest relationship, especially when it involves yourself.

So I did the only thing a cold-blooded assassin would do.

I turned away.

The touch of his hands lingered on my skin, and that made me feel the even guiltier. But he didn’t pull me back, didn’t ask me to stay, didn’t ask me to give him a firm reply. I forced myself not to expect anything.

Assassins don’t expect something in the future. They only bask in the presence, and always ready to accept whatever lies before them.

I don’t think I could live by that rule any longer for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment